>As I prepare for the imminent OpenInsight 9.0 release, my attention within the blog is moving towards version 9.0 topics and I plan to tackle them in bite sized chunks, punctuated by the usual news items. I have already begun work on:
- A paper to help reduce the size of your application’s footprint
- A paper that brings together all of the 7.x, 8.x and 9.0 readme files
- An updated paper on locking down the new Network User deployment license
- An examples application, written entirely in 9.0 under Vista
- An unofficial paper to help configure OECGI2 and use WebOI on a Vista machine running IIS7 (currently needing some testers)
I’m then also hoping to go on to take a look at the Bravo Dashboard, individual cell control in the Edit Table along with other Edit Table enhancements, the brand new System Editor and OIPI.net – including enabling users to enter data into a .pdf document before printing it.
What else would you like covered?
OpenInsight 9.0 is the most exciting release yet and, along with Revelation’s White Papers, Quick Start Guides and Tutorials, I hope to help all OpenInsight developers take advantage of the new features provided in OpenInsight version 9.0.
Watch this space… and please don’t forget to use the labels in the blog to bring similar categorised topics together, for example OI9.0, Vista, etc.