O4W (OpenInsight for the Web) continues to prove a very popular route to the web for OpenInsight and MultiValue developers. Even thought the technology has only been available for a short time, there are now a number of O4W solutions in use around the world and more and more people are showing interest as O4W moves into its next release as part of the larger OpenInsight 9.3 release.
This release includes 33 bulleted enhancements, new features and fixes listed in the 9.3 beta readme. Just a few of their highlights include:
- Enhanced Logon.
- jQuery Mobile supported.
- Updated available jQuery versions.
- Module assignments added in all functions.
- RDK Definition Builder and Installer added.
- Module Builder added.
- Additional paginator included.
- New O4W_BRWREPORT routine created to generate PDF/HTML/TIFF.TXT to browser from the new OI BRW.
- Updated configuration screen with many new choices.
- Updated RSS feed routine.
- Updated some controls to support some HTML5 options.
- Updates to countless routines including O4W_LOGON, O4WCOOKIE, O4WLISTBOX, O4WCODES/ERROR_TRACKING, O4W_EDIT_PROC, O4W_DEFINE_DASHBOARD, O4W_DEFINE_FORM, O4W_DEFINE_MENU, O4W_DEFINE_REPORT, RUN_OECGI_REQUEST, O4WSetCell, O4WForm, O4WDownload, O4WHeader, O4WFooter, O4W_RUN_FORM, O4WUploadBox, etc.
The 9.3 beta readme includes more details about the above items and the remaining items that I have not noted above. In addition, it also includes many of the new features, enhancements and fixes throughout the 9.x releases. Please drop me a line if you would like to receive a copy of the full 9.3 beta readme file.