Another week and another section review of the OpenInsight 9.3 beta readme. Today, I will continue to look at reporting enhancements within the OpenInsight toolset, starting with OIPI.net/OIPI. The readme file lists 9 bullets made up of 7 fixes and 2 modifications to OIPI.net and OIPI. They include:
- The resolution of an issue with Header Fonts in ADDTABLE if COLHDRFONT was not used.
- OpenInsight no longer crashes when the user closes the preview prematurely.
- Fonts now clear when running an OLIST report or using RUN_REPORT.
- COLHDRSUPP is now working correctly.
- Fonts are now printing correctly when using the page break option on breaks.
- An issue with the radius calculation of the drawcircle command has been resolved.
- Resolved an issue when using two clauses in a list statement separated by an OR.
- Creating a PDF whilst the temp file could not be written to could cause OI to hang. The routine has been modified so that it will now bypass the pdffile and write an error message in SYSTEMP under the username *oipierr.
- OIPI can now print multiple reports in one session. Please check the readme for more information about the use of the TERM command and the appendon and appenoff options.
As well as OIPI, OpenInsight 9.3 sees a few enhancements to the built in Revelation Reporter. They include:
- The addition of dropdowns to the Data Type, Key, Not Null, S/M and Just fields.
- The Report Builder now launches in an MDI frame and utilises the tab interface.
- A dropdown has been provided for S/M Types in calculated columns.
- An issue when using (WITH statements in the selection criteria has been resolved.
The 9.3 beta readme includes more details about the above items and the remaining items that I have not noted above. In addition, it also includes many of the new features, enhancements and fixes throughout the 9.x releases. Please drop me a line if you would like to receive a copy of the full 9.3 beta readme file.