Development has started on OpenInsight (OI) 10.0 which will include a 32-bit and 64-bit implementation of the product. Licensing/Pricing for the 10.x series (32 & 64 bit) will remain the same as the 9.x series. OI 10.0 will include the following new components:
- An embedded web server in the OEngineServer for use with the O4W_CHILD_FORM and O4W_STANDALONE_FORM.
- A WYSIWYG O4W Form Designer.
- Increased performance on 64-bit operating systems.
- A browser-based Management Console (OI Console) is planned to include:
– Database statistical dashboard
– Indexing as a service
– User management tools
– Table resizing tools
– Lock management
– Remote control of other OpenInsight instances
– SELECT management
– Configuration record maintenance
Improvements to indexing (faster building/rebuilding).