Firstly, may I wish all of my readers a very Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2018. With the expected release of OpenInsight 10, it is looking like being a great year for Revelation, our clients and the MultiValue world in general.
News of the Beta progress is already reaching the wider MultiValue community and I’m already getting calls from a few people excited about what OI10 will offer the community in supporting their existing database technologies.
Anyway, the main reason for this blog posting is to announce a new version of OpenInsight for the New Year. Available as ‘Roll-Up Patch v4’ from the OpenInsight WORKS area, this latest release includes all of the patches and fixes from the previous “Roll Up” patches, as well as:
- A new OINSIGHT.EXE to fix memory issues with out-of-process versus in-process OLE controls.
- Enhanced R/List processing to fix a longstanding issue in “between” processing (in both OpenInsight and AREV32).
- Fixed LIST_VOLUME_SUB to support volume MFS.
- Improved performance when using base 64 encoding/decoding.
- Improved stability when determining Windows drive/server mapping.
- Updated LIST_USER_LOCKS and related functions (RTI_GET_LH_INFO, RTI_GET_LH_RATIO, etc.)
- Improved DSBFS stability
After installing this patch, your system will report that it is running version 9.4.3.