As many of your will know, I have been a avid supported of OpenInsight 10, working with the alpha, beta and now every release since it was released to the world.
With every new release I find something that makes my life as a developer easier, faster and more pleasurable. Only last week, I stumbled on the fact that I no longer need my VScroll code to make tab controls work, you now only need the click event and OI10 take care of the rest. Yet another example of more of my code that I can remove in place of professionally written and optimised code and a time saver for the future when adding new tab controls to my forms.
So, what is new in OpenInsight 10.0.6, which has just been released.
- Optimised page swap rendering
- Implemented PAGESWAPRENDERMODE property for paging components
- Implemented REPAINT method
- Added Repaint parameter to the INVALIDATE method
- Removed “inherited event” processing
- Added RDW_FRAME when setting REDRAW back to TRUE$
- Implemented Relative time specifiers for VALUE-based properties
- Implemented READPREV method
- Improved performance by reducing redundant output (for duplicate events and classes)
- Added new event “classlink” for optimization (used for example with a whole table of links or buttons so that there’s only a single function that gets called to act on the click, based on a class name )
O4W Form Wizard
- Changed to use new optimised classclick event instead of individual qualifyevents on icon buttons
- Added ability to specify foreground and background colours on search results page
O4W Report Wizard
- Changed to use new optimised classclick event instead of individual qualifyevents when called as multi-select popup
Lock Manager (OI Console)
- Changed to use new classclick event
Banded Report Writer (BRW)
- Added support for SYSDICT items. Example code added to supplied RTI_BRW_SUPPORT example routine.
- New routine to optimise multiple sequential SELECT statements, when issued either to local OI system or back-end BFS.
- Subroutine accepts a series of SELECT statements (@fm delimited), determines if local or server selects, runs the statements as a block, and returns the final set of keys as an active select list.
- Currently implemented for OI, D3, QM hosts.
Click HERE for a copy of the OpenInsight 10.0.6 ChangeLog.